This recipe is a healthier take on the typical hamburger. Instead of nestling your burger between a bun, top it with vegetables for added nutrients. The blue cheese mixed into the turkey burger prior to grilling allows it to melt and create an ideal texture. Top with your condiment of choice and enjoy.
- Ground turkey meat
- Blue cheese
- Red onion
- Bell pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Arugula mix
- Olive oil
- White wine
- Heat up grill. Then take desired amount of turkey meat and form burger patty. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While forming burger patty, take desired amount of crumbled bits of blue cheese and mix it in with the meat. While mixing and forming the burger, make sure to get the cheese evenly distributed throughout the patty.
- Dice up the vegetables and place all except the parsley, spinach and arugula mix in a hot pan with olive oil. Sautée over low heat with salt and pepper.
- Place turkey burger patty on grill and cook on each side until well done.
- While waiting for turkey burger to grill and vegetables appear near done, add a bit of chopped parsley, a large handful of spinach and arugula mix, and a splash of white wine. Cook until the spinach and arugula are wilted.
- Once burger and vegetables are finished cooking, put burger on plate and top with the vegetable medley. Add desired condiments and enjoy.
If you would like to submit a recipe or review for publication, you may submit it directly to the editorial pages editor using the form below. You may also email a recipe or review to email@example.com.