This salsa pairs well with chips, in a burrito, on top of blackened salmon or anywhere else you desire. It has a spicy kick to it but the heat is offset by the sweetness of the peach.
- 6 cups peeled and diced hard, unripe peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup cider vinegar (about 5 percent acidity)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup bottled lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 2 dragon, habanero or other hot peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients except the cilantro in an enameled Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil over high heat until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Once cooled, store in a covered container and refrigerate. If storing in jars, it is necessary to properly sterilize the jars beforehand. When jarring for this recipe, fill and seal with 1/2 inch head space and process for 10 minutes.
If you would like to submit a recipe or review for publication, you may submit it directly to the editorial pages editor using the form below. You may also email a recipe or review to [email protected].