Chocolate chip cookies are a classic, and these triple chocolate oatmeal cookies take it to the next level. Enjoy in the form of dough, freshly baked out of the oven, or with a tall glass of milk. These cookies won’t disappoint.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 5 cups of oatmeal — put in a food processor and process until it is a coarse powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 12 oz chocolate chunks
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips or 6 oz semisweet chocolate chip and 6 oz dark chocolate chips
- To start, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- From there, cream the butter and both sugars, and beat for about 3 minutes, making sure the ingredients are well creamed together. Then, add the eggs and vanilla. Add the oatmeal before adding the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda, in that order. Lastly, add the chips.
- Use a small or medium ice cream scoop, or roll the dough into balls. Place the cookie dough two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 — 12 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies. Bake until golden brown.
If you would like to submit a recipe or review for publication, you may submit it directly to the editorial pages editor using the form below. You may also email a recipe or review to [email protected].