Though pasta with white clam sauce sounds fancy, it’s actually very easy to make. Impress your friends with this simple yet delectable pasta dish.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 dozen little neck clams
- 1 can of white clam sauce
- Corn meal
- White wine
- Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle corn meal in a ice bath — a sink filled with ice water will do. Place the clams in the water and soak for several hours. Check the water occasionally to make sure it is cold, and add more ice if needed. This will help remove the sand from the clams.
- Cook your pasta and heat the sauce. While it is cooking, put some of the clams into a pot, and add enough water and white wine to come half way up on the clams. Cover the pot and turn the heat to high. Steam until the clams open. When the clams are open and looks cooked, remove them and put into a bowl.
- Assemble the dish. Place the pasta in your serving dish and toss with some sauce. Place the clams on top of the pasta and spoon the reminding sauce on top. Serve with parmesan cheese.
If you would like to submit a recipe or review for publication, you may submit it directly to the editorial pages editor using the form below. You may also email a recipe or review to [email protected].